A set of proteins have been identified from tumour and blood samples for the diagnosis and prognosis of meningiomas that could predict meningioma severity.


Read time: 1 min 3 March, 2018 - 08:00

Have you ever received an electric shock while operating everyday electronic devices?  Ever wondered why? One of the most probable reasons could be faulty earthing.

The term earthing is not as intriguing as it sounds, for it does in fact involve a connection to the earth. It is a safety installation, which involves connecting the non-electricity carrying part of an electrical system to the mass of the earth so that any electrical energy that gets built up in this part is discharged to the ground.

In an ideal electrical system, the electricity carrying parts and the parts not carrying electricity must under no circumstances come in contact, as this will lead to the buildup of electric charge at that point. Now, if anyone touches this part, the charge will pass through his/her body. The result-an electric shock! This is where earthing comes into play. It siphons off the built-up charge to the earth, thereby preventing a shock even if touched.

If a device is properly earthed, user contact with dangerous voltages will be prevented, reducing chances of shocks and fires, protecting both the device and the user.